woensdag 22 september 2010

I found what I'm looking for

Today is the day that U2 is back in Belgium for two sold-out concerts in the Koning Boudewijn Stadion. I haven't seen them play live in more than 20 years, and I'm looking forward to sharing this experience with my wife and brother-in-law. For only 30 €. A lot cheaper than some of those crazy prices you see on the internet (on Kapaza, eBay or 2dehands).

23 years ago I saw U2 live in Rock Werchter. They were not yet the biggest rock group in the world (having just released their third album WAR) and Bono was not yet the world-improver that we know and love/hate. He already jumped from the stage, walked around with white flags and sang christian-inspired lyrics. The songs they played will probably not feature on today's setlist : I Will Follow, The Electric Co., Gloria, Fire and Rejoice.

I have high expectations for today and I'm sure the band won't disappoint their 70,000 fans.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten