zaterdag 16 mei 2009

Mamma Mia!

Boy oh Boy, talk about kitsch :) This movie certainly wins the Oscar for "Best Good-Feeling Movie with Oscar-Nominated Actors making a complete Fool of themselves and attempting something closely resembling singing".

I mean : Julia Walters, Meryl Streep, Colin Firth, Pierce Brosnan, Stellan Skarsgard... such great actors and they are running around, dancing like crazy on disco tunes, wearing funny wigs, wide trousers and platform shoes...

Can you believe I didn't even know that they would be singing? I thought the music of ABBA was merely a part of the gimmick, not the whole movie. In the end this film had such a positive attitude, full of crazy people doing crazy things, that i even appreciated the kitsch and all the antics. I give it 3 stars out of 5

Quote from Mamma Mia!

Father Alex: And a welcome to Donna, who's representing her side of the family.
Donna: And a welcome to... Sophie's dad... He's here.
Sophie: I know, I invited him.
Donna: How could you? I don't know which one it is... OH MY GOD... that's why they're here!
Sophie: I'm sorry, please forgive me!
Donna: I don't know... Can you forgive me?
Sophie: What? I don't care if you slept with hundreds of men. You're my mother and I love you.
Donna: Oh Sophie... And I haven't slept with hundreds of men...

Set on a colorful Greek island, the plot serves as a background for a wealth of great ABBA songs which are used in remarkably appropriate ways. A young woman about to be married discovers that any one of three men could be her father. She invites all three to the wedding without telling her mother, Donna, who was once the lead singer of Donna and the Dynamos. In the meantime, Donna has invited her backup singers, Rosie and Tanya

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten