vrijdag 8 mei 2009

Wall-E

Wall-E

One of the best animation films I have seen in a long time (the same quality as Ratatouille), and maybe one of the best "computer animated" films ever? It has a brilliant story, great animation, touching moments and all the funny references to Space Odyssey. I laughed, cried and cheered for Wall-E. A masterpiece, I give it 4 stars

Quote from Wall-E

Captain: Out there is our home - Home, AUTO! - and it's in trouble. I can't just sit here and do nothing. That's all I've ever done! That's all anyone on this blasted ship has ever done - nothing!
AUTO: On the Axiom, you will survive.
Captain: I don't want to survive, I want to live!
AUTO: I must follow my directive.
Captain: [he turns around in frustration, and then looks at pictures of past captains to notice AUTO is closer to the camera in progressing pictures]
Captain: [turns back] *I'm* the captain of this ship! We are going home *today!*
In a distant, but not so unrealistic future, where mankind has abandoned earth because it has become covered with trash from products sold by the powerful multi-national Buy N Large corporation, WALL-E, a garbage collecting robot has been left to clean up the mess. Mesmerized with trinkets of earth's history and show tunes, WALL-E is alone on Earth except for a sprightly pet cockroach

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten