dinsdag 5 mei 2009

X-files: I want to believe


I have never been a die-hard fan of the X-files, but I remember the first two seasons fondly. I did get a bit frustrated later on, because it fell into the same trap like LOST: the mystery is being prolonged so much that you start losing interest. I also did not see the other X-file movie, so I was a bit surprised to learn that Mulder and Scully where together, had a son and Mulder was on the run from the FBI.

Anyway, back to the movie: it is a long version of a normal TV episode, so if you like the X-files you will probably like this movie. The story was not very imaginative, the budget was low (and therefore no big spectacular chase scenes or dramatic explosions) and the chemistry between Mulder and Scully was not always present.

I give it 2,5 out 4 because it was entertaining and kept my attention

quote from X-Files: I want to Believe:

Dana Scully: What is it that you were praying for in there, sir?
Father Joe: For the salvation of my immortal soul.
Dana Scully: And you think God hears your prayers?
Father Joe: You think he hears yours?
Dana Scully: I didn't bugger 37 altar boys.
Fox Mulder: Hmmm, that's a pleasant way of putting it.
Dana Scully: I have another word I could use, if you'd like.
Fox Mulder: I'm sure you do.
Mulder and Scully are called back to duty by the FBI when a former priest claims to be receiving psychic visions pertaining to a kidnapped agen

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten